Summer and comfort go well together, but when you’re dealing with an air conditioner that isn’t providing you with the comfort you desire, you may need to ponder air conditioner replacement. Take a few moments and think about this scenario: it’s only a few weeks in to the summer and you’re enjoying a stress-free day at home. As lunchtime nears, you notice that it’s beginning to feel awfully warm inside. You check the thermostat and all seems to be well with the settings, but the temperature says 85 degrees.
It’s quite possible that you rode it out as much as you could, but now it’s time to call in an expert and find out what’s wrong. So what does that mean for you as a homeowner? Well, there are a number of reasons that you could be facing air conditioner replacement. And considering the weather in Payson, you don’t want to be left without what could be the single most substantial piece of home comfort equipment you own.
Here are a few things you should be watching for if you think your air conditioner has stopped working:
- Insufficient air flow. If you notice a change in air flow, check for a blocked return-air or supply-air grille. Be sure all of these grilles are not covered by furniture or other items.
- Non-working outdoor fan. If you go outside to inspect your air conditioner’s outdoor fan and it doesn’t run, you’ll want to give the professionals at North Mechanical Heating and Cooling in Payson a call. That fan is in charge of the transferring of heat from your home to the outdoors. If it doesn’t run, that heat transfer isn’t happening and can cause a number of issues, including overheating of the compressor and other potential internal problems.
- Outside obstructions. If your air conditioner is currently bordered by shrubbery or other potential obstructions, there could be a concern with proper air flow to the unit. Over time this could also mean that dirt and debris end up clogging your system and inhibiting its cooling abilities. Make sure your system is free from obstructions and is cleaned routinely to potentially lessen your chances of needing air conditioner replacement.
- Dirty filters. One of the most common concerns that North Mechanical Heating and Cooling has is improperly cared for filters. Dirty filters not only reduce airflow, they can also impact your system’s efficiency and can drive up your energy bills. They also affect air quality and when allergy season is in full-swing, a dirty filter can have a great impact on your home comfort.
If you have checked all of these and your air conditioner still isn’t working, follow these step-by-step instructions, only proceeding to the next step if the system doesn’t start.
- Check that the thermostat temperature set-point is set below indoor temperature, and the system switch is in the COOL position.
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch "on"?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply "on"?
- Check the house fuse box/breaker box for a blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker.
- If the system still does not operate, call North Mechanical Heating and Cooling at 928-263-8570.
Having a non-working air conditioner and dealing with air conditioner replacement doesn’t have to be a headache. Sure, your system may not be working , but that’s why the team at North Mechanical Heating and Cooling in Payson is here to help. Give us a call at 928-263-8570.