Like any product you want to keep in good shape, HVAC equipment requires proper care in order to provide the greatest benefits. Trained experts can service your heating and cooling products to make sure they're working at their greatest potential and help prevent more costly repairs in the middle of the hottest or coldest months of the year.
Call North Mechanical Heating and Cooling at 928-263-8570 to get a comprehensive quote on replacement equipment.
Two-stage heating permits the furnace to heat at two levels of output: high for cold winter days and low for mild ones. About 80 percent of the time, your homes heating requirements can be met when the furnace is left on the low setting, permitting your two-stage unit to operate for longer periods of time. Two-stage units also offer more even heat distribution, fewer temperature swings, quiet operation, increased air filtration and energy efficiency.
North Mechanical Heating and Cooling has an assortment of brands and models that are more efficient than ever and make it easier to find the right fit for your home. There are innovative systems that make heating or cooling your home more automatic, running similar to cruise control to make minor adjustments to help meet your comfort demands with energy efficiency. Give us a call at 928-263-8570 to learn more about the technology we offer.
Modern furnaces are designed with a variety of innovative features older furnaces don't have. Todays heating systems give you more even heating and are better at governing airflow. Although the air coming out of your vents may seem cooler than your old furnace, the airflow is much better and more efficient.
Another perk of modern furnaces is their ability to integrate with other HVAC products as part of a high-efficiency whole home comfort system. When combined with a high-efficiency air conditioner, furnace blowers can more easily accommodate add-on cooling. Other innovations, such as Precise Comfort technology and variable speed motors, will help your furnace run more efficiently and quieter than ever.
The Department of Energy recently boosted the minimum efficiency levels for air conditions, and the standards vary by region. Contact North Mechanical Heating and Cooling at 928-263-8570 to find out the requirements for the Payson area.
North Mechanical Heating and Cooling has a number of HVAC products with high-efficiency ratings, which can help lower the amount of energy they require to operate. Aside from picking products that have received Energy Star® certification or achieved high SEER ratings for air conditioners or AFUE ratings for furnaces, you might consider the following:
- Making certain that your system receives regular maintenance by a trained technician can keep your system operating at its top performance.
- Zoning systems enable you to heat or cool only certain areas of your home, so you wont have to pay to heat or cool spaces that you don't typically utilize.
- Having a programmable thermostat allows you to set the temperature in your home around your schedule. They can be programmed to give you the comfort you desire when you're home and increase or decrease the temperature while you're not around, helping you save on heating and cooling costs.
North Mechanical Heating and Cooling is well-known in the Payson area and you can depend on them to provide quality home comfort products. We carry a variety of innovative and high-quality products. We are dedicated to giving customers high-quality service and will make sure you find the right solution for your home.
Improving your homes indoor air quality starts with four basic strategies:
- Poor indoor air quality leaves your home full of air pollutants floating around. So, to increase IAQ, the first step is to get rid of as many pollutants as possible. You can easily do this by cleaning and vacuuming at least one time during the week, frequently washing linens and storing cleaning products safely.
- Proper insulation is good for keeping your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, but it also makes it challenging for airborne pollutants to escape. We offer products that help swap stale air for fresh, filtered outside air.
- Good ventilation and routine cleaning are a start, but air filters, germicidal lights and purification systems take your IAQ to the next level by capturing microscopic particles, killing germs and eliminating particles while destroying chemical vapors.
- Programmable thermostats will help control the humidity levels and temperature to help avoid particles and germs from building up while also keeping your home comfortable.
We advise that you meet with one of the professionals at North Mechanical Heating and Cooling and have them assess your home and current indoor comfort system. We can help you determine which equipment will be best suited to meet your needs.
Lots of homeowners believe that air conditioners make your home cooler, but it actually removes the heat from your home, sending the hot air outside. That hot air flows across a cold indoor coil where refrigerant in the lines sends the heat to the coil in your outdoor unit, releasing it outside. This process continues until the indoor temperature reaches the temp that was set on your thermostat.
Due to the increasing amount of energy used by heating and cooling systems, the Department of Energy (DOE) increased the minimum efficiency levels for air conditioners, heat pumps and packaged units manufactured after January 1, 2015. These levels are determined by region and carry varying requirements based on your location. North Mechanical Heating and Cooling can answer any questions you may have regarding these minimum requirements and let you know what choices are available when you're looking for a replacement system.
These numbers can be found on a nameplate or sticker that is near your systems service panel. The sticker will be white with black letters and have both of these numbers located near the top of the sticker. M/N denotes model number while S/N is your serial number.
There are a few ways to determine what size system is the best fit for your home, but the most reliable way to choose a system is by having your local North Mechanical Heating and Cooling technician come out and perform a load calculation. This calculation considers your homes: square footage, insulation value, amount of insulation, and a handful of other factors.
Yes, because dirt and other debris can hinder your systems ability to work efficiently. For heat pumps, it is normal to have frost or ice on them during the winter, but they also feature defrost controls to ensure they work efficiently in those kinds of weather.
Two-stage cooling means that your cooling unit has two levels of operation. When summer is in its hottest weeks, the high setting starts up, and when its cooler or more mild, the low setting handles the duties.
Usually, the lower setting can take care of your cooling needs, but even when the high setting starts up, you may not realize it because it can produce such even temperatures for your comfort. This can also mean a quieter cooling system, greater efficiency and improved humidity control.
Your system could be freezing up for a number of reasons, but the most typical are dirty filters, low refrigerant, a dirty evaporator coil and/or a faulty blower motor. Changing a filter is something any homeowner take care of; however, you'll want to call the professionals at North Mechanical Heating and Cooling at 928-263-8570 for other problems or if you have other questions or concerns.
Choosing the best thermostat for your cooling system comes with a lot to think through. Thats why its nice to have such a big variety of choices from North Mechanical Heating and Cooling. Whether you're looking for a programmable or non-programmable thermostat or want to join the smart home trend, there are a number of thermostats that you have to choose from. Some thermostats will depend on what type of heating and cooling system you have, but the experts at North Mechanical Heating and Cooling will be able to help determine what options fit your needs and your budget.
Heat pumps can be a bit confusing due to their name, but they actually meet both your heating and cooling needs year-round. When its hot outside it operates like an air conditioner in that it removes heat from your home, but when it cools off, the process gets turned around and it collects heat from outside and brings it inside. Heat pumps are also very efficient, and may produce up to two or three times more heat than the energy it uses.
Of course we advise you to also replace your indoor system, but this is why:
- All outdoor cooling systems have a matching indoor unit that they are created to work with to ensure efficient performance. When they aren't paired with the other piece as a whole system, efficiency can suffer.
- As with many products, advancements have brought about newer, more efficient ways of doing things. Heating and cooling systems are no different. These advances most importantly include greater heating and cooling efficiency, but also involve improved air handling, filtering and noise pollution reduction to name a few.
- Heating and cooling systems that are more than 10-15 years old usually need to be replaced. Not only do they have outdated technology, but they are also less efficient than todays models. Buying a new indoor unit at the same time means you'll have a matched system to provide you with even more comfort and efficiency for years to come.
The communication module on your home energy system may send the system's performance records for each module to a website. You can visit this website to learn more about the system's status, energy production and environmental benefits. The site also shows carbon offsets as it happens.
In most regions, rain will clean the solar modules off automatically. If you reside in a dusty or industrial area, periodically spraying the modules with water may help improve performance. However, detergents and high-pressure hoses should never be used to rinse solar modules.
The best thermostat for you depends on your heating and cooling equipment. North Mechanical Heating and Cooling sells programmable and nonprogrammable thermostats that can help increase the efficiency of your HVAC systems. Browse our available products or contact us at 928-263-8570 to learn more.
Heating and cooling can make up a large part of your utility bill. The innovative and high-efficiency heating and air conditioning products available from North Mechanical Heating and Cooling can help lower these costs. If you're shopping for a new heating or cooling system, look for products with high SEER ratings for air conditioners and AFUE ratings for furnaces. SEER and AFUE are a measure of system efficiency, and the larger the number, the more efficient the product. Besides purchasing a new home comfort system, don't forget about these additional factors:
- Is your system typically maintained? Whether it's a furnace or air conditioner, HVAC systems will work more efficiently after regular maintenance checks.
- Would you benefit from a zoning system? If there are spaces in your home that are rarely used, a zoning system will allow you to heat or cool only the most used areas of your house.
- Have you installed a programmable or smart thermostat? According to the U.S. Department of Energy, programmable thermostats may lower your heating costs by up to 35 percent, and your cooling costs by up to 25 percent.
Zoning systems give you the opportunity to divide portions of your house and control the air differently in each area. These systems are ideal for when you have areas of your house that are seldom used or when you and your family are constantly in disagreement of the perfect temperature for the house. Zoning systems are nearly silent and efficient, enabling you to have more control over the comfort of your home. Discover more about the zoning systems available from North Mechanical Heating and Cooling.