Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Payson during the winter time, when they’re necessary to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at North Mechanical Heating and Cooling will constantly be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is needed and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to see if it turns on.
- If everything looks accurate, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call North Mechanical Heating and Cooling at 928-263-8570 and we’ll return your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.