It seems as though we are ever-connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, looking for the latest sports scores or scrolling Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be utilized for simple conveniences like realizing when you require air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These permit you to control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and don’t turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and alter the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically alter the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or not.
Smart thermostats have been mentioned quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to evolve, they will likely become even more common. And why not? They do offer a host of perks and allow you to have the best control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they recognize your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re away so that you can get the greatest savings possible. Smart thermostats ensure that your comfort is always a high priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you like to know when it’s time to change your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to set up air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can trust your system to notify you when there is a concern or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are created for easy integration across many different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can pick the ideal one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to improve like most pieces of technology, but they already offer a variety of benefits that can help improve your comfort, potentially lessen your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to arrange for air conditioner service. North Mechanical Heating and Cooling in Payson has a number of thermostats to choose from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 928-263-8570.