With warmer temps close by, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at top efficiency, it can save a big amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could drastically increase your expenses and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your North Mechanical Heating and Cooling expert do air conditioning service
at least each year is critical to keeping your system operating efficiently for the long haul. He or she can ensure the unit is running properly and can identify potential concerns in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your professional air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during colder months. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it might hurt your system and require major repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area around your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they might obstruct airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any part of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or replaced during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them monthly and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has different needs when dealing with air filter replacement, varying on things like owning house pets or performing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also be sure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you have a comfy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer has in store. Give the pros at North Mechanical Heating and Cooling a call at [[phonenumber]].