Maintaining your heat pump
is vital to keeping it operating well and keeping you and your family comfortable during the Payson colder months. If you already called North Mechanical Heating and Cooling for your annual service, you’re certainly ahead of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Chat with us at 928-263-8570 to get one scheduled.
There are many simple things you can do in between pro tune-ups to increase the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it functioning in the best shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t stress this enough: check your filters frequently and clean or change them when recommended. This is such a straightforward way to increase the airflow through your heat pump and uphold peak efficiency.
- Determine if your coils and fans are accessible for maximum airflow. Reduced airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can harm your system’s compressor.
- Confirm that your supply and return registers are exposed and clear.
- If plants have grown up near your outdoor unit or clutter has accumulated, be sure to clean the area.
- Test your thermostat regularly to ensure that it’s operating properly. Simply turn it on and slowly raise the temperature setting until your heat pump switches on. If it doesn’t turn on, refer to our blog post on heat pump repair or more thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfortable matters to us. For more plans on DIY furnace maintenance or to arrange a tune-up with one of our professionals, call North Mechanical Heating and Cooling at 928-263-8570 or plan an appointment online. We’re happy to help!