Having standard air conditioning service completed at least annually can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at top efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Payson summertime, have the experts at North Mechanical Heating and Cooling perform your yearly air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be done during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Inspect for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of illicitly discharging it to the environment.
- Check for proper airflow through the system.
- Confirm the appropriate electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Look for the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters regularly is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at top efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We advise taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual factors in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call North Mechanical Heating and Cooling today at 928-263-8570.