Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To boost your comfort and actually relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Payson is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While North Mechanical Heating and Cooling always recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning this season.
- First, another chance to recall the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter consistently! Replace the filter per the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold season. Running your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can ultimately damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s functionality. cut the grass, get rid any debris and eliminate overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you turn it on this summer. Be sure to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you need it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These simple steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you need to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call North Mechanical Heating and Cooling in Payson at 928-263-8570 today.